Generic Sildenafil 100mg
Sildenafil is a medicine brand prescribed to people who are suffering from impotence. Impotence is a man’s inability to obtain an erection due to the excessive PDE5 enzyme and lack of blood flow. When Sildenafil is used, it acts as a muscle relaxant and it inhibits the PDE5 enzyme. This results in a better blood flow to the penile muscles resulting in a harder and firmer erection.
Sildenafil is available in different brand names and the most popular is Viagra. If you are looking for a generic sildenafil, then you need to find generic Viagra brands. These brands are mostly from India. For the popular Indian Viagra brands, you can check out Kamagra, Fildena, Caverta, and Eriacta.
Most generic sildenafil brands are available in three dosages just like the branded sildenafil (Viagra from Pfizer). All sildenafil citrate ED medicines are packed in tablet form and are formulated in 25 mg, 50 mg, and 100 mg dosages. The most popular dosage is 100 mg. 25 mg and 50 mg are often recommended to patients who have other medical condition aside from erectile dysfunction such as heart and kidney problems. 25 mg is also prescribed to elderly patients who are suffering from ED.
What is the Difference Between Sildenafil and Viagra?
In the medical world, sildenafil and Viagra have similarities and differences. Sildenafil is the generic term for erectile dysfunction medicines that has sildenafil citrate. Viagra is a brand of sildenafil.
When we compare Viagra and sildenafil, what we are comparing are actually branded and generic Viagra. Here are some of the most noteworthy differences between Viagra and sildenafil.
- They are different in color. Branded Viagra is available in blue. While some generic Viagra are also in blue, the most common color is white and red.
- Generic Viagras are cheaper. Because generic Viagra manufacturers are just copying a formula that has been tested and formulated, the cost of production is lower for them. In addition, with tight competition among generic Viagra manufacturers, they tend to regulate their price and make it more affordable. Pfizer, the manufacturer of branded Viagra remains to hold the torch for the most expensive ED medicine in the market.
For their similarities:
- Generic Viagra and branded Viagra are both used and prescribed as a treatment for erectile dysfunction. These are prescription medicines regardless of the brand and country of origin. There are some cities in the UK that allows selling of over the counter ED medicines but these are very limited
- Sildenafil or generic Viagra and branded Viagra are available worldwide and is widely used in treating impotence. Both types work as muscle relaxant and PDE5 enzyme inhibitor
- Sildenafil and branded Viagra are available in three formulations, with 25 mg being the lowest, 50 mg, and 100 mg as the highest
- Some doctors are using Viagra to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension although it is not widely used
With the differences and similarities of sildenafil and Viagra, we can conclude that we can use any brands of Viagra in treating erectile dysfunction. This is regardless if the medicine is manufactured in India or in some parts of the world.
Do You Need a Prescription to Buy Sildenafil?
Sildenafil is a prescription medicine. When Viagra was first introduced in the market, it was approved by the FDA as a treatment for impotence. In order to get this drug, you will need a prescription. When its generic counterparts were released in the market, the rule regarding selling it didn’t change, people who need to purchase sildenafil-based medicine are required to present a valid prescription.
Be aware of online pharmacies that offer different brands of sildenafil citrate without asking for a prescription. These stores might be a scam and they just want to get your money or information hence they are offering bait that is hard to resist. Despite being unearthed 20 years ago, the issue of impotence is still a taboo among men hence they prefer to get it treated without consulting a doctor. This results in men looking for online stores that offer erectile dysfunction medicines without asking for a prescription.
How Much Sildenafil Can You Take?
The amount of sildenafil that you can take will depend on your doctor’s prescription. Do not take more than what your doctor has given you. If you were given a 50 mg prescription of sildenafil, take 50 mg. Taking more than 50 mg won’t increase its potency, it might increase your risk of developing side effects.
For adults taking sildenafil, the initial dose is 50 mg. it should be taken as needed or at least once a day. Take it at least an hour before engaging in a sexual activity. The effect of Sildenafil lasts for 4 hours up to 6 hours.
If 50 mg is too weak for you, you can talk to your doctor and have it adjusted to 100 mg. if it is too much, it can be lowered to 25 mg. Do not change your dose or medication without talking to your doctor first.
Generic sildenafil refers to all brands of erectile dysfunction medicines that used sildenafil citrate as its active ingredient. There is one branded sildenafil and that is the brand of Viagra from Pfizer. The other term used for generic sildenafil is generic Viagra.
If you are looking for a cheaper treatment for your erectile dysfunction, talk to your doctor and asks for a prescription for a generic Viagra. Generic sildenafil 100 mg is cheaper as compared to branded Viagra. Despite its price difference, generic Viagra medicines work and as potent as its branded counterpart. In fact, most generic Viagra brands have become popular because of their great customer reviews and testimonials.